Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello!

Hello! My name is Margaret. I have decided to start a blog dedicated to my interest in Interior Design... mainly because I am just beginning my education in the field, as I hope to earn a BFA by 2012. Although this is my 3rd year of college... I will not graduate next year, as I am on the 6 year plan due to some indecisiveness and transferring of schools. However, I will be done with all of my General Education classes after this semester and will only be left with completing my Interior Design courses for the next 3 years. It seems like a stretch, but I'm really excited about it all!

My interest in Interior Design began around this time of last year. I had been majoring in Early Childhood Education, but I was not very interested in studying it anymore. I knew there was something else out there that I wanted to do. What really caught my interest was Art... I was thinking Fashion Design or Interior Design... and ultimately chose Interior Design.

Right now, I am taking Design II, Drawing II, and Introduction to Interior Design. I enjoy my Intro. to Interior Design class thus far, but I am excited to start doing more drafting and rendering using the computer next year! In addition to the Art courses I must complete, I must take classes for AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design). I completed Basic AutoCAD and Fundamentals of Drafting last semester, both of which I enjoyed!

This summer, I am traveling to Paris with a group from my school for course credit. I have traveled there two times before, but this time I know I will appreciate the culture, atmosphere, art, fashion, etc. a lot more!

Anyways... I seem to be rambling... I think I will come back to ramble more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment